Consider all those stress you went through and still needs to go through to gain that knowledge, information, and intelligence. Hell is not a funny one to wake up in that cold winter to catch the bus, find the first row just to listen to a lecture. Imagine a world where you don’t have to do all that and you can at any time of your own choice of convenience attend a lecture and gain one on one instructions without missing anything and if you do miss can always bring it back in the same tune and words, and importantly at a free or minimal cost.
UDEMY has got you covered.
How is udemy?
Udemy is an online platform of the largest educational video producer instructions that produces video instruction courses in different categories. It is an online learning/educational platform.
Udemy offers about or over 20,000 publicly available video instruction courses all over the world that anyone can access at any time.
It has different target markets, who are the instructors creating the courses, the students taking the courses and some organizations that require its technology in order to create specialized courses for the use of their internal employees.
It has over 10,000 instructors and has fast-growing students or viewers giving it over four million views daily. Udemy has its courses in 10 different languages and 190 countries.
Some of the courses on udemy are free and others are of less price. Certificate of completion is offered on some of the courses, however, they have little or no academic or professional value though, the real value you get on taking up a course on udemy is acquiring a practical knowledge to apply to your real-life work.
The instructors on udemy are sought by an offer of sharing with them the fees or price paid by the students in taking a course.
Courses’ categories on udemy
Udemy offers courses in the following categories meaning that under each category you find subcategories.
- Finance and accounting
- IT and software
- Office productivity
- Personal development
- Health and fitness
- Teaching and academics
For example, ‘under health and fitness,’ you have the following subcategories
- General health
- Mental health
- Safety and first aid
Related: 5 Top Technology Training Sites
SOME OF THE FEATURES OF UDEMY
- Video and sound quality: the video instructions on various udemy course has good video and sound quality, which makes it very easy to hear and understand the instructor and can clearly see everything on the screen
- Time pace: the videos have good pacing that considerably goes along with whatever level a student is in, every section’s content will be covered in a reasonable amount of time and reflect the level
- Request a refund: one good of the good things for signing up for udemy courses is that each sale of any course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Before it passes the period of 30 days cutoff you can get a refund otherwise you cannot.
- No prerequisite to take any course: to take any course on udemy platform does not require you any prequalification. Meaning you can take any course that interest you on udemy
- Offers a wide range of courses: as mentioned above, you see the various categories of courses offered by udemy and each with their subcategories
- Upon enrollment, you have immediate access to any course of your interest and the materials are already available for easy download
- You can gain a certificate of completion on some courses. However note that as stated earlier, since there is no independent verification of subject matter and udemy is not an accredited institution nor is it an affiliation of one, such certificate is not recognized as being of academic or professional value.