PayPal Extra Mastercard issued by synchrony offers users the ability to Earn points on every purchase wherever Mastercard is accepted, and you can also redeem earned points for gift cards, travel vouchers, cashback. It is important to note that you need to have PayPal cash plus or PayPal cash account where you can redeem your cash reward.
If you do not have either of those accounts, your earned cash reward can only be transferred to your bank account or any debit card link to your account. one of those accounts is required to enjoy all the benefits of being a Mastercard cardholder. PayPal Extra Mastercard enables users to earn 3 points per $1 spent on gas and restaurant purchases, 2 points per $1 spent on PayPal and eBay, purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other Mastercard purchases.
How to apply for Paypal Extra Mastercard
To apply for a PayPal Mastercard, you’ll be prompted to log into PayPal when you click “Apply Now” which means you must have an account with PayPal. If you do not have an existing PayPal account, you will definitely need to open a PayPal account in order to apply for PayPal Extra Mastercard. Steps to follow for PayPal extra MasterCard application are below;
- Locate https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card through your web browser, you will be redirected to “Apply Now”
- click on Apply Now
- log in your PayPal account, if you don’t have an existing PayPal account. then you will have to create an account with PayPal before you can apply for a Paypal extra MasterCard.
- Review the information on the screen, Fill-out every needed info.
The benefit of PayPal extra MasterCard.
- Paypal extra MasterCard allows users to earn 3 points per $1 spent on gas and restaurant purchases, 2 points per $1 spent on PayPal and eBay purchases, 1 point per $1 spent on other Mastercard purchases. This might not be the best rate but it is better than many cards rewards
- The PayPal Extras Mastercard helps with identity theft protection if you in the service_for no extra cost. You’ll get 24/7 monitoring of suspicious online activity, scouring the internet to see if your personal info is being sold, and also helping you clear your name with credit rating agencies. In addition, you’ll get help with disputes so you’re not held responsible for fraudulent transactions
- Paypal makes use of Microchip Technology, an EMV Chip Technology that makes shopping more secure at any chip-enabled terminals around the world.
- PayPal Extras Mastercard enable users to redeem for more than just cashback into your PayPal balance, you can also redeem for gift cards, merchandise, and travel vouchers.
- There is absolutely nothing like an annual fee
Cons associated with PayPal extra MasterCard
It is likely to earn less because the PayPal extra Mastercard points have low redemption value for cash. Note that If you redeem your points for cash into your PayPal account, each point does not worth 1 cent. you will only get 0.83 cents.
Limitations to Redeeming PayPal extra MasterCard point. You really cant redeem you rewards at any time and for any amount. There are some restrictions on how you redeem your Reward Points. From the information posted on the official Paypal website, you must earn 800 Points to Redeem for gift cards for restaurants, gas, retail and more. 6,000 Points to get $50 Cash Rewards, 3,000 Points for merchandise ranging from housewares to electronics and sports equipment and 15,000 Points to receive a travel voucher for future airfare, hotel or car rental.
In addition, if you want to redeem your reward for travel voucher there are also some restrictions or conditions such as booking at least 21 days before you travel.
No sign-up bonus to attract new customers, some credit cards award a lucrative sign-up bonus.
The high-interest rate is one of the major shortcomings of the PayPal MasterCard. The variable APR is about 28.49%.