People use Instagram (one of the most popular social media apps) all over the world to share photos and videos. The social networking app is like Facebook and Twitter in terms of an account setup and a news feed displayed inside. Also, Instagram is owned by the same owner of Facebook and Whatsapp.
You can create an Instagram account using your Facebook account. You can also login to Instagram using facebook if both accounts are linked to each other. Note, you cannot connect facebook to Instagram but can only connect Instagram to Facebook.
You will agree with me that manually creating an account with email and password, not to forget the verification process is stressful at times. That is why app developers have incorporated easy sign-ups using popular social media sites like Facebook. Creating an Instagram account with Facebook is fast and easy. The whole takes just a couple of seconds or a minute.
Also Read: Benefits of Facebook and WhatsApp alliance
How to Sign Up on Instagram using Facebook
You can use Instagram sign up with Facebook for easy account registration and login experience. To do this, follow the step below.
- Using a web browser, go to intagram.com
- Click on login with Facebook to take you to the signup page.
- Ensure you are already logged in to your facebook account. If not you will be prompted to log in to your facebook account. Logging in will register a new Instagram account on your web browser.
Note: if you are having any problem with creating an Instagram account via Facebook, try clearing your cache or registering an Instagram account from an incognito window.
Instagram Sign Up with Facebook Using the mobile app
Alternatively, you can create an Instagram account with Facebook using the mobile app. The procedure is very much similar to the method stated above.
- Visit the Instagram app
- Click on sign up below the page. Next, select the option sign up using Facebook
- If you are already logged in to Facebook, the Instagram app will fetch your data. Select username and your account is fully set up.
You can now log in and edit the settings of your Instagram app to suit what you want.
Also Read: How to Link Whatsapp to Facebook
Connect Instagram to Facebook
There are lots of benefits in connecting your Instagram account to your Facebook account. If connected, Instagram can easily fetch and suggest your Facebook friends for you to follow on Instagram. You can also share your Instagram pictures and videos uploads to facebook without many tussles.
How to connect Instagram to Facebook.
Note that linking your Instagram account to Facebook is only restricted to mobile apps and not via web or desktop. To connect an Instagram account to Facebook via any mobile app, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Instagram app from your smartphone.
- Next look for 3 horizontal lines (usually located at the top right corner of your profile page) and click on it.
- Click on “settings” at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll through the list of options and click on Linked Accounts under the Privacy and Security.
- You will find a list of social networks that you can sync with Instagram.
- Next, click on Facebook and sign in using your Facebook login details.
- Now your Instagram account is synced and connected to your facebook profile page.