Facebook usernames are first come, first serve. Usernames are like a shortcut to your profile which can help your friends and family easily find you on Facebook. Note: it’s not the same as your Facebook display name, that appears on your posts and when you’re tagged. It’s a unique URL to your page.
A username address for your page (example: Facebook.com/yourname). Your username is often a variation of your name, so you need to reconstruct your name in a unique way to increase your chance of availability.
HOW TO CREATE FACEBOOK USERNAME
Open your web browser, and go to the Facebook home page.
Click the Home button’s drop-down arrow from the top right corner of the screen.
Click the General Account Settings option from the drop-down list.
You’ll find the Username section on the page that pops up. ‘Username’ is the second option after ‘Name’, you’ll see an Edit link by its side. Click Edit link.
- Then Click into the Username field.
- Type your desired new username into the box, and wait for the checkmark to the right of the box to say that the username is not in the database of Facebook then click the Save Changes button to save.
You can modify your Facebook username any time by repeating the steps above, depending on what’s on their database. If the username you’d like is already taken or unavailable, try reconstructing the name and make it more unique. Facebook username is f,irstenables first serve. Into initially, Facebook usernames are to be permanent, but the current policy allowed modifications.
FACEBOOK USERNAME FOR BUSINESS PAGES
Facebook solves the problem of being frustrated when trying to remember a business. For a business owner, it enables your customers to access your page easily when you start promoting your page. Using the long URL that Facebook has assigned to your Page can make you lose your potential customer, you should consider creating a custom username for your Business Page a username, or short URL that lets you easily promote your business on every other even TV, radio, and print are not left out.
You must register to possess a username for your profile before getting one for your business Page. You also need to be an admin of the Page you want to make a custom username for. To edit or create a username for your page, click on the “Edit Page Info” at the top right corner of the page, then your username will appear like the one arrow is pointing at in the image below.
Few tips to consider when choosing a Facebook username
- Construct a unique username to increase your chance of availability
- Be sure it is short, catchy and easy to remember for you, family, friends and customers
- You are allowed to use A-Z, 0-9 and (.) dots, No spaces, underscores or .com are allowed
- If people type your username in lower case it will not affect the address, therefore you can type in uppercase or lowercase.
- Take your time to create your username, each username exists only once and it can only be claimed by an individual or company.
- Your usernames must be at least five(5) characters long, then maximum length is currently fifty (50) character long.
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization can’t be used for differentiating your usernames. For example, kalilahwilliams55, kalilah.williams55 and kalilah.Williams.55 are all reckoned the same username.
- Usernames must not impersonate someone else.
- You can have just one username for a page, profile or an account.
- Your chosen username must adhere to Facebook Policies.
However, there is a common issue that occurs when trying to create a Facebook username, you may receive the following notification:
You are not eligible to create a username
There are several reasons that could cause the error, to create a username for a page you have to be an admin of the site. Not only that, there are several conditions that needs to be fulfilled to be eligible or able to fix the problem. Those conditions n include the following;
1.Your page must already have at least 25 Likes
2..Your personal Facebook account needs to be verified
- Ensure Your personal profile must not be newly created
4.Make sure you’ve not e created more than one Facebook page lately
- Do create a username For your personal Facebook account as well.