If you live in this contemporary world; which you do, you must know about YouTube. Chances are you’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube and thoroughly enjoyed yourself.
YouTube is a channel to share videos with people around the world; in fact, it is one of the world’s biggest video sharing platforms, probably the biggest actually.
There is no better network to share a video with the world than YouTube; the video could be personal, business related or just informative generally. Whatever it is, YouTube is a platform where you can post a video and the whole world gets access to it.
So if you are curious enough and want to take a chance at becoming part of the YouTube family, or you want to share some information about your business with the general public, maybe you just have a message you feel is significant and would like to share on YouTube then this article will teach you how to set up a YouTube account.
Before you can share any video on YouTube or even have subscribers; people who follow your channel to see what you post, you have to first of all set up a YouTube channel and I will do my best to make sure this tutorial is easy enough in taking you through the process of setting up a YouTube account.
STEPS TO SETTING UP A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT
The steps to setting up a YouTube account/channel is pretty easy and fast actually, YouTube doesn’t require you phone number or the name of your street and it definitely doesn’t require you to provide your credit card number because the best part about YouTube is that it is absolutely free, so follow me as I take you step by step:
- You need a Gmail account, if you don’t have a Gmail account already then you will need to open a new one and if you already have a Gmail account, then make sure it is still valid. If you do not, then visit https://accounts.google.com to create one.
- Go to https://YouTube.com and click the sign up link located at the top right corner of the page, this link takes you directly to a page where you can create your YouTube account.
- On the ‘create your YouTube account’ page, you are required to enter your email address and a password, if you already have a Gmail account, then input it, if not, then refer to the link in step number one to open one. Next is your password, you are advised to make it something you can remember but not easily discernable. If you feel you might forget, then jot it down somewhere secure. You will be required to re-enter the password, make sure the password you re-enter match with the first password.
- Next is the Username, this could be your personal name, nickname or whatever you want it to be. Just make sure you can remember it as you will need it to be able to log into your account.
- Next, YouTube will require you to pick out your location in the list it provides. The list is quite long and should contain your country of residence. If you live in Canada, United States or the United Kingdom, then YouTube requires you to input your postal code but if not, then you can skip that part.
- YouTube also requires you to tick your gender in the list provided.
- Next, YouTube needs you to enter your date of birth. This is to confirm that you are above thirteen years of age which is the age requirement of YouTube as it doesn’t consider the content of the site appropriate for anyone under thirteen years of age. And so, it will prohibit you from setting up an account if you fall below the age requirement.
- Below this, YouTube requires you to fill in the characters which may include numbers and letters in a coloured box into the verification field. This is to confirm that is a human being and not a bot creating an account. If you cannot clearly read the characters provided, simply click the ‘new image’ link provided to load a different image.
- Next, YouTube provides you with the option to let others find your YouTube channel if they have your email address so you can exercise control over who gets to view your videos, so you can choose to check the box or simply ignore it.
Note that if any of the fields provided is left blank when you click the ‘create my account’ button; YouTube refreshes the page marking the vacant fields with red warning notes telling you to fill in the gaps before you can register. Same goes for when you pick a username already in use. Once this is corrected, YouTube will successfully create your account.
Also read about the google voice search
Congratulations, you made it! Now you can successfully share your videos with the network, let the fun begin. If you have questions or comments about how to set up a YouTube account, Share with us in the comment session provided below.