Roku is a company that makes media players and devices which essentially turn a standard TV into a smart TV. These digital streaming boxes and sticks uses an Internet connection to watch shows, programs, series and movies from online services like Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, Amazon prime video and many other of its kinds.
It’s a brand of hardware digital media players manufactured by American company called Roku; they offer access to streaming media content form various online available platforms.
Performing a factory reset in your Roku device gives you a fresh new start and experience for a device that’s not working quite alright or one which you’re looking to sell or return to the marketing store. Resetting removes all apps and personalization, and thereby unlinks your device from your Roku TV.
All Roku string players will easily work for any television with an HDMI connection. So any Roku player can be connected to a 4K UHD or HDR compatible television. Roku streaming device are some gateway to universe of streaming content, but sometimes you run into issues and have to perform troubleshooting activity.
In September 2020, Roku introduced the ninth generation of its product. Roku ultra was released along with the addition of the Roku streamer. The microSD slot was removed from the ultra 4800, making the first top-tier Roku device since the first generations lack these features in those phases.
One will need to set up a Roku account to activate your device in order to access entertainment.
Below are some few and easy steps in resetting your Roku device….
- Press the home button on your Roku TV remote handset
- Restart your Roku TV
- Scroll up and or down and select settings.
- Select the system icon.
- Next, select the advanced system setting.
- Select factory setting then follow the on screen instructions
- You’ll then be instructed to enter a pin to confirm the factory reset
- Click on Reset everything
- You’ll Wait for some few minutes for your Roku device to reset
- That’s it; you have successfully reset your Roku device. You’re then directed back to your setup process.
However, prior to going through the process of factory reset, it’s important to note that all personal preferences will be removed.
Performing a factory reset will remove all your stored data that are related to your settings that already existed, likewise network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. Once completed, you will have to repeat the guided setup. Try reconnecting to the internet, relinking your Roku account, and reloading streaming channels.
- One can also reset the Roku TV without the remote control;
- Reset a straightened paper clip or ball-point pen, press and thereby hold the recessed RESET button on the TV connection panel
- Continue to hold the reset button for approximately 10 seconds….
- Release the reset button and;
- Proceed to turning on the TV and go to the guided setup.