How to Close Your Account on Facebook – Facebook is one of the most used social media apps in the world presently, with billions of users in the Facebook community. With Facebook, you can connect with friends and family, sell your goods and services, and more. Although Facebook has a lot of benefits, you may come to a time in your life when you may just want to delete my Facebook account. Below are some easy steps on how to delete a Facebook Account.
How to Close Your Account on Facebook – Closing Your Account On Facebook
How To Delete Your Facebook Account Part B – Alternative Steps
A. Login To Your Account
For starters, to execute any action on Facebook, you must be logged in. Enter your login details correctly on the login page to access your account.
The deletion link will take you to the deletion page. Click the “Delete Account” tab.
C. Security Check
You’ll be required to enter your login password and the Captcha code shown in the different spaces provided. Enter them correctly and click “OK“.
D. Confirm Deletion
You’ll get a pop-up notification informing you that your account has been deactivated and will be deleted within 14 days. Click “OK” again at the bottom right corner of the notification window.
Steps on How to Delete Facebook Account
The steps on how to delete Facebook account is quite easy. If you feel you have become isolated from your loved ones and you want to take a break from your Facebook account and delete my Facebook account, follow the steps below.
- Please note that you can either; Deactivate your Facebook account and return to your Facebook account after a while or
- Delete your Facebook account permanently and you will never be able to return to it again or retrieve it.
- Before you want to go about deleting your Facebook account permanently, you might want to think about it. This is because, once you delete the Facebook account permanently, it is gone for good.
How to Partially Delete Facebook
I stated earlier that you can delete the Facebook account and still maintain the information and data in it for restoration later.
To delete your Facebook account partially, follow these steps;
- Go to your Facebook page by visiting facebook.com
- Login to Facebook account or the Facebook account you want to delete.
- Then click on the arrow pointing down from the top corner of your homepage.
- Select the ‘settings’ option.
- Next, select the ‘security’ option.
- Then select ‘deactivate account’.
- Just follow on-screen instructions to complete the steps.
Also Read – How to Recover Your Facebook Account
Once you do this, your Facebook Account profile will become invisible to other users until the time when you log in Facebook with your Email, and the Facebook account will be restored.
How to Permanently Delete Facebook
But if you are on how to permanently delete Facebook, then follow the steps below;
- Click on the arrow down button on the top right side of your home page
- Then click on settings and download your data (if you want to)
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Select ‘delete my account’
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete the step.
Once you do this, it will take Facebook 90 days to completely delete your Facebook account details and all its history.
The 90 days given by Facebook is done so if a Facebook user changes their mind to delete Facebook account during the 90 days, they can still retrieve their Facebook account with all the information it contains.
There are uncountable reasons why people want to leave Facebook… whatever reason you are leaving Facebook for – you only have two choices to make.
Any which one you choose will depend on the reason you want to quit Facebook.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
The method is quite straightforward and easy, and you just need to follow some simple systematic guide and with that, you can permanently delete any of the Facebook accounts. So, follow the steps below to proceed.
Ways to Permanently Delete Facebook Account:
- In your web browser, you need to log in to your Facebook account that you permanently want to delete.
- Now there you need to open the link https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account in a new tab of your browser. Note: Copy the link and paste in the browser search bar.
- Now the new panel or the windows shall launch up on your device’s screen that will be asking for the password and filling up the blank CAPTCHA fields. Just fill-up the details correctly and then you can move on to the next step.
- At last, you will only have to click on the ‘OK’ button placed on the bottom corner of the screen and your account shall be successfully scheduled for being deleted. The account once scheduled for the permanent delete then it will get deactivated for other 14 days and after that only it shall get deleted. Now the main thing that most people do not apply is they do not wait for the 14 days and get a log in while their account is in the deactivated mode. This cancels up the deletion process, so you should not try to enter your account for the next 14 days after your schedule it for removal.
- So, you have finally got the method by which you can quickly delete up your Facebook account permanently, and hence there shall be no need to wait for too long to remove your Facebook account and its data. All that will happen instantly, and you won’t find your account from that instant onwards. And if you were also finding to delete your Facebook account permanently just use up this method and that all you will get the results for sure.
Please make certain that you want to delete your Facebook account permanently before proceeding. You won’t be able to recover your info once you hit on the permanent delete button.