Google Photos | Google Pictures
“Oh no I just lost all my pictures and contacts”. This probably was the comment you made when your phone crashed, when it was stolen or when you misplaced it.
Sorry, you had to go through that rigor, I know it’s quite painful especially with those lovely pictures you can’t resist taking an up tenth look at, the video you downloaded, and that number you forgot to memorize!
We can’t overemphasize the speed at which technology is going today and I am so grateful. Life got sweeter with technology since the day I discovered I could save my pictures, videos, and phone numbers online, retrieve them when I want. They are safe even when my phone decides to misbehave.
Picture Backups with Google Photos
Google has a whole lot to offer us, most especially Google Photos.
Google Photos is not just an image hosting service but a powerful media service by Google that acts like a media cloud storage, media hosting, and media shares.
You can back up your favorite pictures and video files from any device platform and also access it from the web to view them at any time. More to this, Google Photos offers almost free unlimited storage.
Backed up Media files on Google photos are automatically arranged by location and by the date picture was taken.
There is also an advanced feature available on Google Photos that allows pictures to be easily identified either by their subjects. To use this, simply search for keyword categories like ‘environment’, ‘pet’, ‘food’, etc. and that category will be displayed to you
How to Install and Use Google Photos | Google Pictures
- Go to your play store for android users or iTunes Store for IOS users.
- Search for Google Photos and download.
- You will have to open an account with Google for new users or just log in to your Gmail account if you already have one.
- After your successful login, you will be prompted to allow Google pictures access pictures and videos on your phone. Click on Yes/okay as the case may be
- It begins to back up pictures and videos on your phone. After a successful backup, you can choose to delete the backed up pictures and videos to create space for more on your phone. Note: Google Pictures works with a lot of data usage
How to Secure your Phone Contacts | Google Contacts
Use a Google(Gmail) account for your phone
- When you want to save a number, you will be asked either to save on your phone, sim or Gmail.
- Choose to save on your Gmail account.
If you follow this few steps you can be sure to have your pictures, contacts, videos saved for years without any mishap.
Also, read all about the Facebook Graph Search