Facebook video Live is a feature of the Facebook social network that uses the camera on a pc or mobile device to broadcast period of time video to Facebook. Facebook launched Facebook Live in April 2016, a live video streaming service which gives access to anyone to broadcast from their mobile devices straight to their Facebook News Feed.
Since its launch, live streaming video has exploded in quality — significantly on Facebook Live, where according to Vimeo, 78% of online audiences are watching video on Facebook Live as of 2018.
How to Use Facebook video Live.
- Click to open the camera icon found on the left of your search bar.
- However, offer Facebook access to your camera and electro-acoustic transducer immediately it is prompted.
- Switch to “Live” on the bottom of your camera screen.
- Choose your privacy and posting settings.
- Write a compelling description.
- Tag friends, select your location or add an activity.
- Set your camera’s orientation.
- Add lenses, filters, or writing and drawing to your video.
- Click the blue “Start Live Video” button to start out broadcasting.
- Interact with viewers and commenters.
- Click “Finish” to end the broadcast.
- Post your reply and save the video to your camera roll.
How to Analyze Your Live Video’s Performance.
To get started analyzing your Facebook Live broadcasts, head to the “Insights” tab at the highest of your brand’s Facebook Page:
Afterwards, go to the “Videos” section of your analytics located on the left-hand aspect of the screen.
From there, scroll all the way down to the “Top Videos” section, and either select a video from that menu to seem into or faucet “Video Library” to seem the least bit of the videos your Page has ever posted.
Now, let’s dive into the nitty-gritty.
The performance analytics accessible for Facebook Live videos are the same as those of traditional videos on Facebook, with some neat additions.
For Pre-recorded videos, therefore: Facebook allows you to analyze minutes viewed, distinctive viewers, video views, 10-second views, average % completion, and a breakdown of reactions, comments, and shares.
For Facebook Live videos: Facebook permits you to analyze all the metrics listed higher than, and peak live viewers, total views, average watch time, people reached, and the demographics of who watched your video.
In addition to any or all of those static numbers, you’ll be able to click into every metric to envision however it modified over time once the video was live. For instance, if we tap into “Peak Live Viewers,” we’ll see this interactive graph of video viewers over time:
You can even see UN agency your typical viewer was throughout your broadcast, based on their Facebook profile information:
Now that you’ve got got the steps down, let’s get into some tips and tricks.
Facebook video Live Tips.
- check out last video victimisation the “Only me” privacy setting.
- area outlast videos with alternative Facebook posts.
- Keep reintroducing yourself.
- Make the video visually engaging.
- Make it spontaneous.
- Don’t worry about mistakes or stutters.
- Encourage viewers to love and share the video.
- interact with commenters, and mention them by name.
- Have somebody else looking at and responding to comments from a microcomputer.
- Subtitle your broadcast in the comments section.
- raise viewers to purchase Facebook Live notifications.
- Broadcast for at least 10 minutes.
- Say goodbye before ending your video.
- Add a link to the description later.