Messenger started making it easier to pay your friends for dinner back in 2015 when it introduced the option to transfer money in-app with a credit or debit card. If PayPal has always been more convenient, though, you’ll love this collaboration: Facebook and the payment service have teamed up to give you a new way to split the bill. You can access the feature the same way you’d pay with a card. Simply tap the blue plus icon and then tap the green Payments button to bring up the two existing options.
If you’d previously set up the feature to pay using your card, just tap the Change button and choose Paypal to connect your account with Messenger. The feature is now live on iOS and will soon be available on Android. Unfortunately, you can only use it if you’re in the US — everyone else will just have to find other ways to spend their PayPal balance.
PayPal Customer Service Bot
Besides payments, PayPal is also rolling out its first customer-oriented bot on Messenger, which will enable users to chat with a virtual customer service assistant for any problem they might have, such as forgetting their password, asking about how transactions work, and others.
You can connect your PayPal account to your Facebook ad account and use it to pay for your ads.
How do I pay with PayPal on Facebook
- Go to the Facebook page you’d like to buy from.
- Click an item you want to buy.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Select PayPal as your payment method. You may be given the option to make PayPal your preferred funding method on Facebook.
- On the confirmation page, you can choose See Receipt or Done.
Before you begin
- PayPal is only available for ad accounts set up for automatic payments.
- Make sure that pop-ups are enabled on your web browser.
Add PayPal as a payment method
To add PayPal as a payment method:
- Go to your Payment Settings in Ads Manager.
- In the Payment Method section, click Add Payment Method.
- Select PayPal and then click Continue. A pop-up window appears prompting you to log into an existing PayPal account or sign up to create a new PayPal account to link to your ad account.
- Complete the steps to set up your PayPal account.
Your PayPal account is connected to your ad account.
We pay the PayPal transaction fee (as do all merchants who use PayPal). Because of this, there’s no additional cost for you to use PayPal for your ads, unless your PayPal account is in a different currency than your Facebook account. If so, you may pay a foreign exchange fee.
Note: If the currency you want to pay in isn’t an accepted payment method for PayPal, you can still make your payment through PayPal in a supported currency. First, you need to convert your currency through PayPal to change your balance to a currency that we accept. Please note that you incur a foreign exchange PayPal fee to do this conversion. Visit PayPal for more details on currency conversion.