Have you wondered how Facebook online shops work before? If you haven’t then this is a good topic to elaborate on. There are certain ways through which Facebook online stores work. I think we should look into that. For those wanting to start an online shop on Facebook, I assure you that it is totally free if you follow the steps that you would be seeing shortly. The steps would come later because I think we should first look into how online shops on Facebook work.
How Facebook Online Shops Work
A Facebook online shop can only be created on a Facebook page. Without a Facebook page, you cannot create an online shop on Facebook. A Facebook online shop can be created irrespective of the type of page you created. To create a Facebook page, you also need a Facebook account. This is to help you manage the page effectively. For time’s sake, I would not list out the process to open a Facebook account here. A Facebook account can easily be opened from any of the Facebook apps or the Facebook official site at www.facebook.com.
After creating a Facebook account, you can follow the steps below;
- Navigate to www.facebook.com on your PC and log in if you haven’t done so.
- After successfully logging in, you should be on your Facebook account news feed.
- From your account news feed, click the “create” tab and a new menu would be displayed.
- On the new menu, select “page”.
- You would be redirected to a new page where you would be asked to choose the kind of page you want to create.
- Choose the type of page you want to create and give your page a name. I highly suggest you use the name you intend to use for your online store for this page.
- Finish the page set up by following the on-screen instructions.
- After completing your page set up, you can now proceed to set up your own Facebook online store.
How to Set Up Your Facebook Online Store
- This can easily be done if you already have a Facebook page. To set up your online store on Facebook;
- Open your Facebook page as the admin and click the settings tab.
- When the page loads, scroll the left column to “templates and tab”.
- After clicking a new page would pop up, on that page, scroll down to find “Shop”.
- Click edit beside the shop tab and turn on the tab.