Facebook is the world’s most popular social networking website. It’s a platform where users can post stories, comments, share photographs, and link to services or other interesting content on the internet.
One of the best features of Facebook is the fact that you can link up with your friends, know their status and chat with them from anywhere around the world. Not only that, almost everyone is on it, as some people use it to market their products and services, and other stuff.
Like every other internet social platform, you must create an account to use facebook. This is something a lot of people have had challenges with, as facebook top similar searches on the internet “Is how to sign up on facebook”. Not to worry, this article has got you covered.
Benefits of Creating an Account on Facebook
There are lots of benefits of being a Facebook user, but out of the numerous I will mention a few.
- When you own a facebook account, you can make new friends with somebody that also owns a facebook account. Also, you can connect with old time friends, people you’ve lost touch with because of distance.
- Once you are friends on facebook you can begin to chat with them immediately, have access to their profile from their about page and more.
- Facebook allows users to upload their pictures and create photo albums which you can share with your friends. You can also retrieve any photo at any time by saving to your phone.
- Facebook also allows interactive involvement with people. People can like and comment on your post and pictures, share their opinions about statement subjects.
- One major thing people use facebook is to promote their businesses. People are able to create group pages, fan pages, and business pages to reach out to more audience and make their brand or product and services known to people.
- Getting bored and seeking videos to watch? Like youtube, facebook allows videos on their platform. You can also stream videos live using ‘Facebook Live’ on Facebook.
- Facebook also gives developers opportunity through its numerous campaigns. Not only that it also gives monetization options.
Facebook features are endless and what better way to explore it than to use it. The way about that is by creating an account.
How to Create a Facebook Account | Facebook Sign Up
If you want to create a Facebook account successfully, follow the steps below.
- Using a web browser, visit Facebook.com. This will take you to the create an account section if you are not already logged in
- Click on the “First Name” and include your first name.
- Click on the “Surname” and include your Surname.
- In the next tab, input your phone number or email address. This is going to be your user ID for log in.
- In the password tab, enter a strong and valid password. For a secure account, use alphabets and numbers.
- Enter your date of birth by selecting the day, month, and year that you were born.
- Tick on your gender (male or female).
- Finally, Click on the “Create an Account” button. This will redirect you to a new screen telling you ‘your activation link has been sent to your email or phone”.
- Check your phone for the activation link or login to the email you used in registering and click on the activation link. This will automatically complete your sign up and log you in.
Now that you have created your account, you must sign in or log in to have access to Facebook. Although facebook automatically keeps you logged in but it will be required you log in anytime you sign out. It will also be required you log in when using a new or different device.
To log in to Facebook, visit the Facebook homepage. Simply input the “username” and “password” you used in creating the account and click the “Login” button. This will automatically log you in.