Facebook is one of the largest online social media and social networking service. It was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg. This online social media has been helping in connecting friends and family worldwide since 2004. It requires creating an account before one can get connected with friends.
Read Also: Facebook Products And Services
How to Create a Facebook Account
To own a facebook account, follow the steps below:
- Go to the facebook homepage, you will need to be at least 13 years before you can own a facebook account. Creating a Facebook account is free, no cost attached.
- You can now enter your information on the Facebook home page. This information includes: your first name, last name, valid e-mail address, date of birth, gender and password. Make sure all information is correctly entered. You can also use your nickname in creating your Facebook account, then click on the sign up tab.
- A confirmatory mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided during the course of your registration, which is the main reason why you need a valid email address. Open the confirmatory or verification mail sent to mailbox although it may take some minutes to get delivered. Click on the link to finally activate your account.
- You can now proceed to profile settings, where you can set up your profile picture, update pictures, add friends and family in other to get connected and chat with them. You can also import your contacts and send a message to friends and family who aren’t using Facebook.
Read Also: Facebook Marketplace for Business
How to Secure your Facebook Account
Do you feel your Facebook account is insecure? Do other people login into your account without your permission? You can protect and secure your account from hackers and unwanted fellows. There are ways you can follow to make your Facebook account secure these include:
- Do make sure you have a strong password that you can remember. Do not share your password with other people, except people you trust. Whenever you are logging into your account, never click on the box that says “keep me logged in”, this has a high chance of making hackers and other people into your account. You can check the keep me logged in the box which is located underneath the email or phone number space.
- You can also secure your Facebook account by personalizing your privacy setting. This is the major way of protecting and securing your account. To locate this feature,
- Go to setting, then security setting, go to login notification which is the second option on the security setting, and change this option to your preferred option. The importance of this is that, whenever you log in to your account from another person phone or computer, a message will be sent to you that someone has gained entrance to your facebook account. You can accept the message when you know it’s you otherwise other necessary option can be taken such as changing your password with immediate effect.
- On the third option under the security setting is the “login approval”, click on edit and check on the part that says “require a security code to access my account from unknown browsers” box. A pop-up message will appear on your screen that reads “login approvals is an extra layer of security that uses your phone to protect your account”. You can click on the get started option. The interesting thing here is that Facebook will send you a message via your mobile phone whenever there is a login attempt in your Facebook account from an unknown browser.
With these rest assured that your account is safe and secured from hackers, you can now be assured that no one gets an access to your account from your phone or other browsers.