How to Delete Facebook Account
There are different reasons you might want to delete your Facebook account. But before taking such a drastic decision, you might need to sit down state your reasons clearly by writing them down on a blank sheet of paper, make sure those reasons really do worth it, once you satisfied with your reasons then let’s continue with the process if you still bent on deleting your Facebook.
Why People Delete their Facebook account
- Planning to go private, due to excessive details you have on Facebook.
- Spending too much time on Facebook and it’s taking a chunk of your time for other important stuff. Before we proceed you should know that another means of going offline on Facebook aside deleting your account could be Deactivating your Facebook account.
- Facebook no longer seem interesting and comfortable
Deactivating Facebook Account
Its temporarily going off Facebook for a while.
- During this hibernation process, you will still receive updates like birthday via the email you used in signing up for Facebook.
- Meanwhile, when people search for you on Facebook, they won’t see your name either your timeline.
- Your information, friend’s and media are saved for when you choose to reactivate
- You can choose to reactivate your Facebook account at any time.
How to deactivate Facebook account
It’s quite an easy process that includes:
- log in to your Facebook account using your email or phone number from your preferred browser
- then you Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of your Facebook page in your web browser
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Then Choose ‘Security’ located in the left column
- Click on ‘Deactivate your account’, then follow the steps to confirm your decision
Now whenever you choose to reactivate your account after deactivating it, all you need to do is simply log into Facebook your e-mail and password.
Your profile will immediately be reinstated.
If deactivating isn’t a good option for you then let’s head on to permanently deleting your Facebook account.
- with deleting your Facebook account, it wipes off all your information, friends and media. Yea it shows no mercy
- Facebook usually take a period of 90days before your Facebook account is totally wiped off
- With deleting your Facebook account, it comes with a grace period, meaning if you should log on to your Facebook account within this period, the whole process of deleting your account is annulled
- Once the process is completed you won’t be able to access your login again, hence you will have to sign up for a new Facebook account
- Before deleting, be sure to get some of your videos or pictures. For good memory purpose, Because once it’s gone, you can’t recover them.
Facebook Delete | How to Delete Facebook account
- Log in to your Facebook account with your email or phone number via a mobile phone, tab or laptop.
- Then click on the account menu down arrow, it’s located at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Click on Download a copy of your Facebook data just at the bottom of your General Account Settings
- Choose the menu ‘Start My Archive’.
Please note that the file that begins to download contains your profile details and you will need to save this document properly.
I hope you find this process easy and before you make that decision to delete Facebook remember all your friends home and abroad you won’t be able to reach out to again, the fun stuffs on Facebook that spikes your dopamine, live events you get to watch on Facebook, informations you get from the comfort of you and Facebook and many lots of interesting activities attached to Facebook.
- Facebook Delete.
- delete Facebook.
- my Facebook.
- How to delete Facebook account.
- delete my Facebook account.
- delete the Facebook account permanently.
- how can I delete my Facebook account?