Looking to play games on your phone, tablet, desktop, or laptop?
Well If you own a console then you probably don’t need a separate controller.
Whenever you get a new PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/Series S console, you will get an excellent game controller that comes along with it.
They’re designed to specifically complement or suit each of their consoles, although both the PS5 DualSense Controller and the Xbox Wireless Controller can have a life beyond that.
HOW TO CONNECT THE PS5 TO YOUR PC
- Click Start on your Windows 10 computer and type “Bluetooth” into your Windows search box at the bottom left of the taskbar.
- Select Bluetooth and other devices settings, make sure Bluetooth is toggled On and then tap on the “Add Bluetooth or other device”, then click on the Bluetooth.
- Pick up your controller and simultaneously hold down the Create button at the top left and the central PlayStation logo button for around three seconds.
4.The light bat option on the controller should then start to blink rapidly, that means it’s in pairing mode.
- On your computer, you should see Wireless Controller pop up in the Add a device list, and you can click on it to pair.
After all of that, The PS5 DualSense Controller is now paired with your Windows 10 machine.
But Unfortunately, the audio doesn’t work through the controller. WelI if that happens to you, just simply tap on the Speakers icon in your taskbar and click “Select playback” device, then choose your either the headphones or speakers from the list.
While sometimes the PS5 controller will work and is configurable in some games, you may find that there are no configuration options with others.
You also can use “Steam” to get around that problem
USING XBOX CONTROLLER WITH WINDOWS 10
Well You can plug your Xbox Wireless Controller into your Windows 10 machine with a USB-C to USB-A cable and start using it right as soon as it’s plugged in, but a wireless connection always is better.
Now, With the Xbox controller, you have two options for wireless connection.
But For the best experience, you have to buy an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, which you plug directly into a USB port on your desktop or on laptop.
It can supports up to eight controllers simultaneously, but, most importantly, it offers wireless stereo sound support, so this way you can plug a headset into the port on your controller.
In a more explainable aspect, it may or can also offer a faster and more reliable connection than the Bluetooth (though Never or didn’t have any issues when connecting with Bluetooth).
Here’s how to connect with the adapter:
- Plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter into your computer.
- Tap the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
- Click and hold the Pair button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter and you should see a light flashing.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the top of the Xbox controller, next to the USB-C port, and the Xbox button should start flashing rapidly.
- If the Xbox button on your controller light is lit, that means it has successfully paired.
Well If you don’t need audio through the controller, or just don’t want to spend the extra or more cash, then you can pair your Xbox Wireless Controller via the Bluetooth.
HERE’S HOW TO DO THAT
- You will need to Turn on your Xbox controller by pressing the Xbox power button.
- After that, Switch to your Windows 10 computer and then type Bluetooth into your Windows search box at the bottom-left of the taskbar.
3: Then Select Bluetooth and other devices settings, make sure that the Bluetooth is toggled On, and then click on Add Bluetooth or other device, then click Bluetooth.
- Proceed to Press and hold the Pair button on the top of the Xbox controller which is next to the USB-C port, now the Xbox button should start flashing rapidly.
After all that, Go back to your computer where you should see Xbox Wireless Controller pop up in the Add a device list, and you can click on it to pair them.
That’s all done, You can now get started with the controller and it should be configurable for some games, although, you may find that it doesn’t always work.
But thanks to Microsoft which has an app for configurations and also for keeping your Xbox Wireless Controller up to date.