BB&T customers are offered a wide range of financial services which includes retail and commercial banking, Insurance, investments, wealth management, asset management, mortgages, corporate banking, specialized lending, capital markets.
The BB&T online banking system is an easy to access, one-stop-shop option for people looking for a financial institution in some certain states in the South, Midwest, and East Coast.
Also, BB&T merged with SunTrust to become “Truist” but however, the brands offer separate products as of now.
BB&T Bank experience
The BB&T has a digital banking platform called “U” which is popular among the app reviewers.
For iOS users, in the Apple app store, the mobile banking app has scored a 4.8 out of five stars for its reviews which is a high score for a banking application.
For Android on the play store, the mobile banking app also scored 4.8 out of five stars which is also a good review.
THE BB&T BANKING APP HAS FEATURES WHICH INCLUDES:
- Pay for bill or pay a friend
- Deposit checks.
- A feature that is not common: “port in data from your other financial accounts”.
- Search for your transactions.
The BB&T has also counts of about 2,400 ATMs across its footprint.
Customers of BB&T can also use Zelle to send money to others.
Advantages of BB&T
- There’s An online savings account which is available with no monthly maintenance fee or minimum deposit.
- It’s mobile application U by BB&T is rated highly which also helps to manage multiple accounts from a customizable dashboard.
- It’s Regular Savings only requires an amount of $25 opening deposit.
- The Regular Savings account also allows you to make up to two excessive transfers without incurring any fee.
- The eSavings account doesn’t have a monthly maintenance fee attached to it.
- All you need is a $50 to open a Bright Banking account.
- The BB&T charges $3 for out-of-network withdrawals at ATMs.
Disadvantages of BB&T
- You can only open the Regular Savings account in a branch.
- The Regular Savings and eSavings account customers will incur a $3 fee from BB&T for using any out-of-network ATM.
- Also, There are much higher APY accounts available from other banks.
- Again, The Bright Banking account does not earn any interest.
- The requirements to waive the monthly fee are just relatively high.
Bb&T (Branch Banking and Trust Co.) is an FDIC-insured bank which it’s headquarters are in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
The BB&T offers fairly accessible deposit account options and solid customer experience.
They merged with SunTrust to become Truist.
NOTE: one of its other disadvantages is that There’s a $10,000 minimum deposit which is to open the Investors Deposit Account if you want to open the Investors Deposit Account.